At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that you want to be able to make choices in your career. That's why CLA exists, to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking Tax and Audit Interns for our Eau Claire, La Crosse, Tomah or Hudson offices.
Are you excited to work on an inclusive team doing impactful work for clients? Do you enjoy pushing yourself and working independently, determined to find the right answer? Do you enjoy collaborating with and helping others? If your answer to any of these questions is "YES", then apply to our Intern position at CLA!
As an Intern, you will assist and provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on gaining exposure to a particular industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background to work as part of a team on various stages of an engagement or project. Based on performance, career goals, and business conditions you could walk away with a full-time offer.
- Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge of audit and tax procedures, workpapers and systems.
- Handles routine client questions and works with client to collect necessary information for audit and tax return completion.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Assists with the detail work of audits, reviews, compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
- Prepares individual, corporate, partnership, and other types of tax returns
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or working towards the achievement of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Achieving credit requirements to be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Exemplify our CLA values - curious, collaborative, transparent, inclusive, and reliable.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
Wellness at CLA
To support our CLA family members, we focus on their physical, financial, social, and emotional well-being and offer comprehensive benefit options that include health, dental, vision, 401k and much more.
To view a complete list of benefits click .
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.