Validate purchase and repair orders, designate general ledger accounts, review sales tax, route for appropriate approval(s) before payments are processed. Manage the electronic Integration of payables data, from Purchase Order system(s) and Logistics Queues into the accounting system. Provide Management and other Departments with various reports as requested or scheduled. Ensure all bills are paid accurately and in a timely manner. Assist the department with maintaining a positive, professional reputation with vendors and other company personnel with regard to payment of invoices.
1. Audit all shop invoices for cost, legitimacy or duplication and code to correct general ledger account.
2. Research and determine invoices for risk or warranty.
3. Ensure that all bills are audited for price, purchase order validity and sales tax
4. Manage sales tax exemption forms and monitor sales tax being charged in states of acquisition. Request refunds when applicable and report discrepancies to management.
5. Post invoices accurately to general ledger accounts and periods.
6. Support and assist Maintenance, Road Service, Accounting, Risk Management and Technicians at terminal locations with regards to purchase/repair orders and payable inquiries.
7. Communicate professionally with vendor representatives.
8. Compose reports, forms and routine correspondences with various departments.
9. Process check runs as approved by the Controller; Process stop payments; void checks; process manual checks when approved; obtain cashier's checks.
10. Interaction with management to ensure continuous flow and proper approval of invoices.
11. Obtain necessary W-9's and match to IRS records to ensure W-9 compliance.
12. Assist with analyzing monthly vendor statements and requesting of missing invoices.
13. Resolve issues as they present themselves regarding payment of invoices.
14. Function as team player providing continued interest and support to other team members.
15. Audit all company credit card transaction reports for receipt accountability, proper approvals, and sales tax compliance.
16. Contact all new vendors to determine best method of payment, with a focus EFT or credit card.
17. Assist with Escheat research and reporting.
18. Evaluate and ensure cash flow management with accurate payment terms to vendors and adherence to Marten Transport policies.
19. Other duties as assigned.